Flooding and DrainageStomor Ltd are able to provide Flood Risk Assessments in accordance with The National Planning Policy Framework, Flood Risk Standing Advice. Studies include obtaining historical or modelled flood level data from the Environment Agency and identifying the risk of flooding from fluvial sources. Flood compensation can be designed where development encroaches upon the flood plain, providing sufficient land is available.
Drainage strategies are prepared as part of the FRA which identify options for foul and surface water drainage, identifying the risk of flooding from local drainage infrastructure inadequacies and ensuring that the proposed development does not present a flood risk to downstream properties.
Preparation of drainage strategies include design for flow control, storage and Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) for storms up to 1 in 100 year plus allowance for Climate Change. Flood routes are identified for extreme storm events above the 1 in 100 event, and strategies are forwarded to the Environment Agency and Drainage Authorities for approval as necessary.
Assessments of existing drainage networks can be carried out to establish existing drainage routes and network capacity. Jetting and CCTV surveys can be arranged where necessary.
Services We Offer
- Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments in accordance with National Planning Policy Framework, Flood Risk Standing Advice
- Undertaking Existing Drainage Assessments to identify location, routes and capacity of existing systems.
- Preparation of Drainage Strategies for foul and or surface water systems to reduce or maintain flows to downstream watercourses or existing sewer networks.
- Attenuation specification and sizing, with specification of most cost effective solutions, for water storage.
- Design of flow control measures to restrict discharge into the downstream drainage network or watercourse
- Design of Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) including source control and infiltration measures, designed in accordance with CIRIA good practice guidelines
- Undertaking Drainage Modelling in Micro Drainage®, with simulation of existing and proposed systems.