03 Apr HBCEC SME of the Year 2023
Stomor has been recognised for its outstanding achievements in the industry. It was recently awarded the SME of the Year award at the Herts and Beds Constructing Excellence Awards. This award is a testament to the company’s dedication to excellence and innovation, reflecting the hard work and commitment of its staff.
SMEs are the backbone of the industry, recognised by Constructing Excellence for their dominance of and contribution to supply chains. According to the Office for National Statistics’ annual “Construction Statistics”, although the number of UK construction companies has increased year on year since 2012, SMEs remain 99.9% of the companies annually. The part played by SMEs in innovation and product development is also recognised by BEIS in the Construction Playbook.
Judges were looking for an organisation who have achieved business changes to improve all aspects below over the preceding year:
- Evidence of growth through engaging with and developing best practice in construction and organisational management.
- Investment made in employees, through training, development and setting organisational culture.
- Action to improve productivity and work smarter including harnessing digital technologies.
- Supply chain engagement that adds value to the organisation’s contribution to projects, Clients or suppliers.
- Evidence of setting and monitoring development and performance targets with results, to chart progress with change and achievement of goals.
The three main highlights of our application are summarised as follows:
- Stomor has implemented a completely flexible work environment, which has significantly increased the well-being and productivity of the workforce by allowing staff to have greater control over their work-life balance.
- A continuing focus on sustainable objectives, attempting to increase green infrastructure by educating and informing staff and Clients about sustainability enhancements and best practice across our specialist area of the industry.
- A continuing focus on our people: we strive to develop individuals at the forefront of civil engineering consultancy and provide a platform for them to display their innovative work.